Oklahoma State University
Print E-mail

Transcripts and Academic Records FAQ


How can I request a transcript?

You may choose from the following options to order an official transcript:

1. Current students may log into the Student Information System (SIS) and select Student Records - Official Academic Transcript Request.

2. Mail or fax a signed
Request for Official Transcript Form to our office:

Office of the Registrar
322 Student Union
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078
Fax: 405-744-8426

3. Visit the Office of the Registrar at 322 Student Union on the OSU Stillwater campus (bring a photo ID).

Back to top

How much do transcripts cost?

There is no charge for transcripts.

Back to top

How soon after the end of the semester can I get a transcript with the current semester grades on it?

Your grades will be available in the Student Information System (SIS) as soon as the Instructor enters them, but they will not print on your official  transcript until a week after final exams.

Back to top

Will you put my transcript in a signed, sealed envelope?

To have your transcript sent in a signed, sealed envelope, please specify this at the time of your transcript request in the 'Other Instructions' area of the form.

Back to top

How do I pay to have a transcript sent by express delivery?

OSU has contracted express delivery with UPS. The charge for delivery within the United States is $30.00. You may call the Office of the Bursar at (405) 744-5993, to make arrangements to give your credit card information (Visa or MasterCard) over the phone. Beginning January 1, 2009, the Bursar's Office will accept MasterCard, Discover and American Express, but will no longer accept VISA. PLEASE NOTE: UPS does not deliver to post office boxes, or to APO or FPO addresses.

Back to top

Do you mail transcripts overseas?

Yes, transcripts are sent overseas by first class air mail. 

For express delivery outside the United States, a prepaid mailer (FedEx, DHL, or UPS) must be provided to The Office of the Registrar, along with your signed transcript request. This can be done in person, by mailing in the prepaid mailer or by having a third party bring the prepaid mailer to our office.

Back to top 

How long does it take to process my transcript request?

If you come to the Office of the Registrar in person, you usually receive your transcript at the time of the request, unless there is a hold on your records.  Transcripts are normally mailed out within 1 to 3 working days after the transcript request is received.  Most transcripts go out the same day the request is made. Delivery time depends on the postal system or delivery service.

Processing time will be affected if the transcript request is held until current semester grades, posting of degree, or anticipated changes to your record, such as the posting of a just completed correspondence course or a grade change.

Back to top

Can I receive my transcript by fax or e-mail?

We do not fax or e-mail transcripts. Transcripts are printed on special security paper which does not fax or copy legibly. Transcripts are not in a secure form that can be e-mailed.  Unofficial transcripts can be printed from the Student Information System (SIS).

Back to top

Can I access and print my records on the computer?

To access your transcript on the web go to the Student Information System (SIS) site and login using your PIN or Okey account.  You can print an unofficial academic transcript by clicking on Student Records and choosing Unofficial Academic Transcript or you can request an official transcript by clicking on Student Records and choosing Official Academic Transcript Request.  

Back to top

Why can't I request my transcript over the phone?  

Because of the Federal Educational Records and Privacy Act (FERPA) protecting student educational records, a signature is required to release your transcript or the use of your PIN when using Student Information System (SIS).  This is to ensure the privacy and security of your academic record at OSU. 

Back to top

Can I request my transcript by e-mail?

No, however you can request an official transcript by logging into the Student Information System and submitting a request.

Back to top

Can I have a third party pick up my transcript?

You may authorize a third party to pick up transcripts by faxing your signed authorization directly to the Office of the Registrar. In your request you must state the name of the person who has permission to pick up your transcript and how many copies may be picked up. After the signature has been confirmed, the third party may pick up the transcript(s) by showing his/her photo ID. 

Back to top

Can I get a copy of my ACT scores, SAT scores, or transcripts from my high school or other institutions? 

No, we do not issue copies of ACT or SAT scores.  You should contact the testing agencies for copies of your scores.  We do not issue copies of transcripts from other schools.  You should contact the other institution(s) directly.

Back to top

How can I get my name changed on my academic records? 

You must submit to the Office of the Registrar a Correction or Change of Name form along with appropriate documentation and a copy of your new Social Security card or Driver's License reflecting the change.

Documents that will be accepted:

  • Marriage license
  • Divorce decree specifically restoring previous name
  • Passport
  • Birth certificate (to correct a misspelled name or nickname, not to restore a maiden name)
  • Immigration/Naturalization form
  • Court order

Please contact Human Resources to update your employment records.

Back to top

How do I change my major and adviser?

To change your major or adviser, you will need to start the process in your college's Student Academic Services Office. The current adviser will help you fill out a major/adviser change card  and they will send the card to the Office of the Registrar to be processed.

Back to top

How do I change my address?

Current students can log in to SIS and update their address and phone number. Select 'Addresses including Emergency Contacts and Next of Kin' from the 'Personal Info' section. Then select the address to change or add a new type of address (ex: billing).

Former students can download and complete the Address Change Request form from the Forms page of our website, then submit it to our office via mail, fax (405-744-8426) or email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

If you have been employed by OSU you will need to contact Human Resources to update your employee information. 

Back to top

How do you interpret the abbreviations for the GPA columns on the Official Academic Transcript?

AHRS Hours attempted
EHRS Hours earned (excludes F's, I's, W's and repeats)
QHRS Quality Hours - used to figure the GPA (excludes I's, P's, NP's, W's and some repeats)
QPTS Quality Points - used to figure the GPA (1 hour A = 4 points; B = 3 points, etc.)

Back to top 


Academic Calendar

Fall 2014

Tuesday, September 30
Six week grades due from faculty

Friday, October 24
Students' Fall Break (No Classes)

Monday, November 3

Deadline to file diploma application (for name to appear in the fall commencement program)

Friday, November 7
W Drop/Withdraw Deadline (

Friday, November 21
W/F Withdraw Deadline (

Wednesday, November 26
First day of students' Thanksgiving break (No classes)

Thursday-Friday, November 27-28
University holiday

Full Academic Calendar...


Contact Information

Office of the Registrar
322 Student Union
Stillwater, OK 74078
(405) 744-6876
Fax (405) 744-8426

E-mail: registrar@okstate.edu
Office hours: M-F 8am-5pm

About Us
The Office of the Registrar provides services related to the creation and maintenance of student academic records. 

Read more